[LAU] OT: hardware problem Behringer FCB1010 and edirol USB midi adaptors.

Devin Anderson surfacepatterns at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 04:44:44 UTC 2013

Hi Bill,

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 6:18 PM, Bill Allen <bill at k2bea.org> wrote:

> Yes, it happens just plugging the midi in of the FCB1010 to the midi out of
> any of the edirol usb devices - the FCB1010 signals its disapproval by
> lighting up a period next to the currently selected bank. If I try turning
> it off and on, it starts blinking and won't do anything else.

I agree with Clemens; this sounds like an active sense message issue.
You can probably confirm this by attaching a MIDI cable to the output
and input ports of the same device, and then using a MIDI monitor
application to monitor the MIDI input of the device.

Do any of your devices allow you to disable active sense messages?

--
Devin Anderson
surfacepatterns (at) gmail (dot) com

blog - http://surfacepatterns.blogspot.com/