[LAU] Trying to run jackd from udev

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Sun Mar 24 13:24:13 UTC 2013

On 03/24/2013 01:47 PM, Robin Gareus wrote:
> it is. edit /etc/pam.d/su and make sure there's a line:
>
> session    required   pam_limits.so
>
> on debian it's commented out by default. and su does not set/unset limit
> required for RT operation.

Hello Robin,

I just set up a wrapper script following Ralf's advise but I think this
option is more elegant so you win the Stroopwafel this time :) So many
thanks, I'll settle with this solution.

> As for starting jack from udev. I just run 'dbus-triggerd' [1] as user.
> No pam-hacking required:)   dbus-triggerd triggers shell-commands when
> something happens on dbus (e.g. audio-device connected/disconnected). An
> example how to put it all together is:
> http://gareus.org/blog/jack2dbus

I've looked at this option but I prefer using Jack1. I could test with
Jack2 but then I have to recompile it again because I only have a deb
with dbus disabled. I'm using the Raspberry Pi without X and in order to
get that running with Jack2 I was advised to compile without the --dbus
option to avoid any hackery to get Jack2 going.

Regards,

Jeremy