[LAU] What is the best MP3 encoder?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Mar 29 02:43:22 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 10:31 PM, Chris Bannister <
cbannister at slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 06:31:24PM +0100, Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:
> > 48Khz will not help at all when it comes to artifacts and the raw
> > material is usually in 44.1 (and sometimes in 96 or 192) anyway.
> > Speaking about bitrates higher than what the human ear can hear,
> > here is some cool info about high bit rates:
> >
> >     http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html
>
> This is highly controversal amongst audio enthusiasts. (Don't mean the
> link, just the subject.)

highly controversial in the way that, say, climate change or evolutuon is
highly controversial.

on one side, we have a group of people dedicated to measurement,
reproduceable results, correct testing methodology, science.

on the other side, we have a group of people dedicated to woo.

that isn't a controversy, it's the endless scream of the stupid in the face
of the truth.