[LAU] Lightweight WM that can be used without any issue with audio applications

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Wed Aug 27 05:25:41 UTC 2014

I switched from Xfce4 to JWM. JWM does work with all apps excepted of
QjackCtl. Often I need to kill QjackCtl, because the Connect window
always is above all other windows and it's impossible to close it. I
don't want to use a tiling window manager or a WM that is nearly as
bloated, as DEs such as Xfce4. What WMs do you use?

A lightweight DE would be ok too, as long as it isn't unstable and has
got no dependencies to GNOME software. Bad coded stuff like
Enlightenment is a complete no-go. I want to handle windows with the
mouse, they should be free to overlap and I don't want to experience
issues, even not issues that happens seldom, workspaces should be
editable. JWM is nearly perfect, excepted of the QjackCTL issue.