[LAU] Audio and Bluetooth

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Mon Feb 17 01:22:17 UTC 2014

On Mon, February 17, 2014 9:48 am, Clifford Dunn wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> Since I discovered that there is a great deal of interference
> happening when I have both wifi and USB audio running, it certainly
> has been a drastic improvement to turn that off when I'm working.
>
> I'm currently building a foot pedal controller. I have an Arduino
> Diecimila that is going to transmit the simple on/off as well as
> continuous controller info. My thought is to make it a bluetooth
> device and have wireless communication with my computer. Since I
> currently have no other bluetooth devices to test it out, does anyone
> have any information on how much bluetooth has the potential to
> interfere with my audio? Is it better to simply keep it as a bluetooth
> device?

Pulse Audio has pretty advanced bluetooth support via the bluez API.

One of the "features" for professional audio production that is currently
missing is a way to use a bluetooth controller with JACK transport. AFAIK
no one has taken on that job yet. I am very interested to hear if you make
any progress with that.

It should be possible to route the signals from PA through to an OSC or
MIDI controller or maybe we just need a plugin for bridging directly
between PA and JACK.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd