[LAU] Audio and Bluetooth

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Tue Feb 18 13:34:45 UTC 2014

On 2014-02-18 02:41, Clifford Dunn wrote:
> I'm surprised that people are using the Arduino devices for MIDI. Has
> no one been able to get the full resolution out of the Analog In pins?
> For the simple switches, I don't see it being a problem, but I'd
> rather have more than 128 numbers for continuous controllers. Has
> anyone had success with that? (I suppose we're no longer talking about
> Linux audio.)

You can use two controller numbers separated by 32 to send the two
halves of the value, so controller 2 could send the high 7 bits and
controller 34 the low 3 to get the full 10 bits from the Arduino ADC. I
have built a pedal using a PIC that does that.
With Arduino you can also SLIP-encode OSC packets and send them through
the USB serial port at a higher speed than MIDI.

Martin