[LAU] Xruns :(

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Sat Nov 22 12:27:55 UTC 2014

Recently I updated my 'office' computer, which I often use for experimenting
(I don't try anything new on the DAW) and suddenly I'm getting a *lot* of Xruns
and, apparently, very high CPU loading.

Eventually I found the cause. Going from linux kernel 3.2 to 3.16 :(
This, apparently, does very aggressive CPU frequency scaling. Drop back to 3.2
and all is sweetness and light again.

The question is whether there is a reasonably straightforward way to stop this
behaviour. Doing the usual searches doesn't seem to turn up anything useful.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

I would add that I've double checked that the bios is set for 'performance'.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk