[LAU] Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 recognised, inputs work, but no output - Mint 18

Marco Donnarumma lists at marcodonnarumma.com
Tue Aug 9 16:10:22 UTC 2016

Hi,

thanks for sharing your issue. It is a weird problem, some are affected,
others are not.

See also this thread at the ardour forum:
https://community.ardour.org/node/5751?page=1

there's one person who uses it fine with Fedora 22, but others on avlinux
and UbuntuStudio who have the same playback problem I have.

And on my Mint 17 I have never ever had a single issue.

There's also an old patch here, but I read that it was implemented in the
kernel (kernel.org grabs the ALSA git since a while).
http://sergey.vlasov.me/2012/09/using-focusrite-scarlett-18i6-in-linux.html

would be great if someone could shed some light :)

thanks!

Marco Donnarumma, Ph.D

*Performing bodies, sound and machines**Universität der Künste Berlin*
http://marcodonnarumma.com

4w33534643646