[LAU] (Ardour) How to get rid of delay when recording ? - status so far

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Feb 15 15:42:08 UTC 2016

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 10:07:51 -0500, jonetsu at teksavvy.com wrote:
>On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 15:39:40 +0100 Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
>> You seems to use Claws:
>
>> In the editor Window, in the menu "Edit" chose > "Special paste" >
>> "Unwrapped", let alone that you also could disable "Auto wrapping" in
>> the same menu, but the latter would affect the complete email body.
>
>What I'm more concerned with is at the receiving end.

If the receiving end does use a broken MUA your way wouldn't solve the
issue either.

>What I do for sending is that I paste the lines in emacs, then do some
>adjustments, removing extra data, trailing spaces, etc.., then I paste
>into claws.

You don't need to copy and paste, to temporarily use an external editor
add an action:

Configuration > Actions... >

Menu name: Editor emacs
Command:   roxterm --hide-menubar -n "emacs" -e emacs %f

You could use any other terminal too or if you're using a GUI version
of emacs no terminal at all, just add "%f" behind the command to launch
the editor.

Select an email and use emacs by

Tools > Actions > Editor emacs