[LAU] The Parting Glass

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Mon Jan 25 22:18:33 UTC 2016

Thanks for commenting. I often review my work in the light of people's
observations.

Currently about half the listeners have said the backing should be louder - the
other half say it's just right {shrug}.

There are two different reverbs working on this. The vocal track came with
reverb already present, and no de-essing. It was however remarkably clean,
especially considering it was a single straight run.

On Yoshimi, I used a reverb that I felt was compatible - a variation on
'Cathedral 1'.

The pad for the first verse is called 'Rushes', which is fairly descriptive. In
the last verse, along with the softly padding drum there is sometimes a shaker.
It is fairly quiet, and in fact on cheap systems is all but inaudible. I wonder
if that is the 'hiss' you are hearing.

Thanks for listening, and I'm glad you enjoyed our work.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk