[LAU] How to keep an updated "standard" linux audio system?

Anders Hellquist lau at hellquist.net
Mon Dec 11 14:13:17 UTC 2017

This is indeed a question one have to ask from time to time.

I have been running kxstudio for a very long time and are in the process of
changing some of my music related machines from 14.04 which is the latest
official falktx distro
Since I depend on kxstudio repos my options are limited to Debian or Ubuntu
and right now I am more inclined to go the Debian route.

The main reason for me to switch is U-he plugins that seems to require
newer gcc API/ABI to work. Also Mixbus is freezing on the same machine so I
suspect newer libs and kernel drivers might get me a more stable
environment.

Any valid reasons to go the Ubuntu route, ya think ?

/Anders