[LAU] [Music] Three Desolations

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Mon Jan 16 19:46:47 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 02:11:21PM -0500, Dave Phillips wrote:

> I'm uploading the original WAV to linux-sound.org :
>
> http://linux-sound.org/audio/3desolations.wav
>
> It's a 48 kHz 24-bit stereo file, so it's taking a bit of time to
> get there. Should be ready in about 20 minutes.

I got both this one and the youtube-dl file, they seem to be identical.

Some comments:

The music: this is the sort of thing I'll listen to again and again
since I'm pretty sure each time I will discover something new.
Thanks for sharing this !

The sound: makes me sort of uneasy as it it 'too perfect': there's
absolutely no background noise (as would be present in even the
best studio recordings). But the pedal releases are a nice touch...
I'm also driven to add some mid-lf boost (350 Hz, +6 dB) as the
low range is a bit thin.

Ciao !

--
FA