[LAU] [Music] Three Desolations

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Mon Jan 16 22:33:52 UTC 2017

On Mon, 16 Jan 2017 19:46:47 +0000
Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org> wrote:

> The sound: makes me sort of uneasy as it it 'too perfect': there's
> absolutely no background noise (as would be present in even the
> best studio recordings). But the pedal releases are a nice touch...
> I'm also driven to add some mid-lf boost (350 Hz, +6 dB) as the
> low range is a bit thin.

The sound of the hammers can also be configured in pianoteq.

I presume one could add a Foley discrete background to make it more
real.  Something like discrete_hush_in_classical_concert_hall.  As long
as the Foley file is not too short and repetitions starts to be
annoying.

What I'd do is that midway in the performance, the piano sound would
diminish, the Foley ambiance would get louder and louder and them
glitched, at which point the piano performance would break into a
modern simplified variation in sync with the glitch rhythm.  Liszt
wouldn't like it, though.