[LAU] Hardware Soundcard - MOTU 624 AVB Working with Gnu/Linux - Debian 8.7

Anders Hellquist lau at hellquist.net
Sun Jul 23 10:26:32 UTC 2017

The linked product is a rj45 splitter that is very usable for running two
Ethernet connections thru a single cable but you need one of these at both
endpoints and this has nothing to do with my use case. I know that a switch
is the solution and was only stating the limitation gnu Linux users will
face because of the missing control link.

I am quite happy with the product and I usually only need one card
connected to my laptop and the things are just great as for the rest of gnu
AVB users. It was only a heads up for the issue.

I hope that we in the future will have access without need for the AVB
switch, both for cost effectiveness and reduced complexity.

/Anders