[LAU] Control iPad synth

Oliver Heck oliver.heck at posteo.de
Wed Nov 1 22:20:13 UTC 2017

Hi Chris,

ok, thank you.

Unfortunately the A&H mixer works as audio interface but does not offer
MIDI, so I would need two MIDI interfaces and connect both via MIDI cables.

> I'm not sure what the capabilities of the iConnect are. Does it route
> (digital?) audio from the iPad into the computer?

Yes.

> https://www.amazon.com/HDE-Synthesizer-Microphone-Instrument-Converter/dp/B00D3QFHN8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8

Will this cheap interface work as "MIDI card" under Linux?

Another idea: the iPad also has something called Network MIDI via WiFi.
Is that the same thing as rtpMIDI? Is there something like that for
Linux? I found some sources in the internet but did not quite understand
how to set this up.

Oliver