[LAU] [Music] Spring Theme

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Mon Apr 9 12:22:31 CEST 2018

Apr 7 2018, jonetsu has written:
> https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/spring-theme
Hey hey Jonetsu,
what a lovely, light tune. The mix of acoustic and almost acoustic
instruments with the synths makes it really come to life for me. Having
listened to it with a backdrop of twittering birds outside, I do feel in
a wakeful light hearted mood.

I'm sorry, I missed the first version of this track. I love comparing
things and hearing an evolution. The sounds certainly harmonise well.
One point I'd particularly like to praise is the end. The layered pads
with the rhythmic synth(s) are so open and almost ethereal and the
reverb, right at the end, sounds beautiful and very classy. A good
ending for a nice track.

If I had to be brutally critical, I might say the the bass is sometimes
a little boomy and the snare drum is on the verge of being too heavy for
the track. The latter is purely subjective criticism and the former
doesn't have much weight in the context of the whole arrangement.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

I know you're out there and I know that you still care <3
(Britney Spears)