[LAU] New GxValveCaster LV2 plugin

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Thu Dec 6 13:41:20 CET 2018

Hello Hermann,

> Thanks for the link.
>
> I've give it a shot, and it sound's nice so far. Will be soon in the
> collection. :-)

Nice!

> I wonder if you build it with a 40V or a 60V power supply?

40V charge pump but I've just got all the components in to build a 60V one.
> This makes a huge difference here in the simulation.
>
> For reference here is the frequency plot of the BoobTube at 40V
>
> https://www.directupload.net/file/d/5293/dypm55xc_png.htm
>
> and here with 60V
>
> https://www.directupload.net/file/d/5293/hc2ywbbz_png.htm

So looks like the 40V version boosts the lows a bit more while the 60V
version has slightly more highs? I'll check if I hear any significant
differences.

> and this is the response of the ValveCaster (12V)
>
> https://www.directupload.net/file/d/5293/l8jhh3sv_png.htm

I checked the ValveCaster first but the BoobTube simply has better
reviews and is not that harder to build.

Jeremy

For those interested some build pics:
https://monasfx.com/_media/builds/vero/boobtube_external.jpg
https://monasfx.com/_media/builds/vero/boobtube_internal.jpg