[LAU] Looking for AMD motherboard with PCI slot

michael noble looplog at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 07:20:53 UTC 2018

Be aware, these boards do NOT have integrated GPUs. They have the headers
and ports, but the provision of actual graphics depends on you buying an
AMD APU which contains integrated CPU/GPU. This is the same for all current
gen AMD based mainboards. The current Ryzen chips are NOT APUs, they are
CPUs only. In other words, if you buy these mainboards and a Ryzen 3, 5, or
7 CPU you will still need to buy a separate GPU. To make use of integrated
graphics on the mainboards you have selected, you would need to buy a
slower current gen AMD APU which are NOT based on the Zen architecture.