[LAU] Some disturbing news

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Sat Jun 2 20:17:24 CEST 2018

jonetsu <jonetsu at teksavvy.com> writes:

> On Sat, 2 Jun 2018 17:52:48 +0200
> Louigi Verona <louigi.verona at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> What I am saying is that in large organizations it is difficult to
>> see what the sum of all actions would ultimately be. And it is
>> possible to try to do your job in the best manner possible and still
>> end up with a damaging result.
>
> It is difficult up to a certain level where crucial decisions and
> directions are made by people who do not really have to work to assure
> their future and the future of their families.

Having a family and bringing up children is a choice.  Staying in a
country in a nation with politics you cannot agree with is a choice.
Not involving yourself in the political process to change them is a
choice.  Sneering at people bothering about the political process is a
choice.

And even Resistance fighters don't grow on trees.  They are people
having made different decisions based on different priorities.

> Most others though do have to work and at that level, even if one
> "sees something" in the larger sense there's always the call of the
> job ringing in.  Nothing bad about that, most people need to work and
> keep their jobs, although it is a factor to take into consideration.

How isn't that the Nuremberg defense?

--
David Kastrup