[LAU] Some disturbing news

Louigi Verona louigi.verona at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 12:20:20 CEST 2018

Hey David!

I don't find your response fair. You have accused me of using strawman
arguments without demonstrating it, but then seem to proceed to enact
strawman arguments that are easy to demonstrate.

1. You claim that I argue that the lack of a sane copyright regulation is
the fault of Stallman because of arguing for freedom, not the fault of the
billions of dollars poured into lobbyism in order to not make it so.

But I have not argued that anywhere.

2. You claim that I am "picking Microsoft as your champion on this list".

I have specifically said that I am not doing that many times already.

So, David, I feel you are arguing with someone else. I don't see you
addressing my position at all, to be honest. And I have already told you in
no uncertain terms that I am an opponent of the current copyright regime.

And you don't need to respond to me if you are not interested in a friendly
discussion. The whole point of a conversation is to understand other
people's points of view. At least this is my goal here, which is why I am
engaging with everybody.