[LAU] Some disturbing news

Victor A. Stoichita victor at svictor.net
Tue Jun 5 11:18:41 CEST 2018

Hi Louigi!

Thanks for your reply. I understand better the questions that you
ask and why you ask them. I think you’re right in doing that, and
I can pretty much agree with most that you say.

I’m not surprised that you know the old Popperian argument. But so
much of science seems to overlook it nowadays that it may need
reminding sometimes. I work as an anthropologist. As you know, in
social sciences the concept of "proof" is even trickier to handle.
OTOH ethics is very much a topic of social sciences and
humanities. Considering the vast array of ethical systems which
exist on this planet, I don’t really see how "proof" or "reason"
could play in relation to them.
But this discussion would better continue off-list, and
I definetly have to read your Opus before going further anyway (I
actually might save some time for that by resigning my cooking
freedom at lunch, thanks for the idea :-)

Victor