[LAU] Yoshimi: strange behaviour with mod.env. for addsyn

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Tue Jun 12 12:55:46 CEST 2018

Hey hey,
I just noticed a rather strange behaviour in Yoshimi, trying to set up an
addsyn patch, using PM. I'm doing it through Yoshimi's CLI:
osc2 is modulated by osc1, modulation type is PM.
Modulator amplitude is set to full, mod.vsense set to no effect and modulator
amplitude envelope is turned on.
I tried both adjusting the envelope on oscillator 1 and modulator one. Only
oscillator 1 works.
The intnded env shape: no attack, from max over short decay to very low.
I can set the attack value and decay value to max and a short decay time to a
low sustain value, but unless I give it some attack time, the modulation
strength doesn't reach full amplitude. Also when the sustain is any higher
than 0, the envelope will take a time to reach that value. I can't find a
value to adjust that, nor can I see why it would take the envelope a rather
long/audible time to reach maximum amount. It doesn't - audibly - happen for
the volume or filter.

I'm running the latest version from git. Any help would be appreciated, given
the one unchangeable prerequisit: it must be within the CLI.

Thank you and best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

I know you're out there and I know that you still care <3
(Britney Spears)