[LAU] Yoshimi and Midish issue (no notes played)

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Tue Jun 19 20:17:47 CEST 2018

Jun 19 2018, Will Godfrey has written:
> Unfortunately I don't know anything about Midish, and the only error report it
> seems to give is that it can't connect to the alsa port, but doesn't say which
> one - even though yoshimi reports it as connected.
Could be that there is a default device set up in .midishrc. For the
moment I am connecting midish to a2j_midi_bridge and on the JACK side
connect a2j to Yoshimi. So it must be something about the sequencer port
connection process that is problematic. Because I don't think that
a2j_midi_bridge transforms MIDI data as such.

Best wishes,

Jeanny

--------
  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c