[LAU] in search of IR response files

Ede Wolf listac at nebelschwaden.de
Fri Mar 23 11:05:36 CET 2018

I am looking for response files for ir.lv2 - the only convolution reverb
so far I have found working within ardour. Looking for natural, long,
lush reverbs and thought to have found a good starting point with
openairlib.net.

However, all big reverbs I've found so far, do produce lots of kind of
rythmic clicking (or audible transients) during playback, thus rendering
them unusable. The shorter ones partly work, but I just happen to be
looking for large spaces. Cathedrals and the like. Why not the whole
universe?

Any sources or hints, what I may have to look out for? Wrong file
format? Or what I may be doing wrong otherwise? It does not seem to be a
CPU or load issue at all. And the settings I have been playing with did
so far not affect the issue notably.

Any ideas?

Thanks