[LAU] setBfree: not accept ALSA MIDI driver

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Tue Nov 20 17:59:53 CET 2018

On 11/20/2018 05:19 PM, Jeanette C. wrote:
> Hey hey,
> I've tried to configure setBfree to use the ALSA MIDI sequencer API for
> MIDI ports, but to no avail.
>
> The relevant line in my configuration reads:
> midi.driver=alsa
> There is no error message on the console and I specifically included the
> config file using the -c option. Can anyone help to settle this, please?

Hi Jeanette,

Was setBfree compiled with ALSA Sequencer support?

ALSA sequencer support was deprecated and disabled in setBfree by
default in March 2015. It is still available when you compile it with
`make ENABLE_ALSA=yes` (do a `make clean` first).

then    ./src/setBfree midi.driver=alsa    still works here.

In general I do however recommend to prefer the LV2 plugin version of
the organ.

Cheers!
robin