[LAU] problem with zita-bridge to use two recording interfaces

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Thu Dec 19 21:35:02 CET 2019

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 11:32:44AM +0100, soffioalcuore at posteo.net wrote:

> still concerned with the issue that zita-a2j doesn't work properly on
> my computers (I’ve also tried it with another machine, both run arch
> linux) I enabled zita-a2j in verbose mode which tells me:
>
> playback : not enabled
> capture  :
>   nchan  : 2
>   fsamp  : 48000
>   fsize  : 256
>   nfrag  : 2
>   format : S16_LE
>
> whilst "playback" is indicated to be disabled, "capture" lacks a state,
> at all.

What do you mean by 'lacks a state' ?

Is there any output after the lines you quoted, like

fons at zita1:~> zita-a2j -d hw:1,0 -v
playback : not enabled
capture  :
  nchan  : 2
  fsamp  : 48000
  fsize  : 256
  nfrag  : 2
  format : S32_LE
Starting synchronisation.
  -0.151   1.000057     0
  -0.007   1.000034   326
  -0.053   1.000046   327
  -0.114   1.000094   327
   0.128   1.000019   328

etc. ?

This problem is quite mysterious...
I've got zita-j2a running on one of my machines at work, with
a Digico 48-ch MADI interface for two months or so without
interruption. Use it almost every day, no problems...

> I have uninstalled zita-ajbridge, restartet and reinstalled, but the
> problem persists.

Could you try jaaa -A or japa -A with the same sound card and
see if you get any signal in or out ?

Ciao,

--
FA