[LAU] Linux mint for audio?

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Mon Feb 18 00:01:54 CET 2019

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019, djdualcore at protonmail.com wrote:

> So, what is the general recommendation for people who want to work with audio on
> a laptop that isn't necessarily dedicated to audio?

My personal recomendation is whatever with xfce. I don't think it matters
if it is debian or redhat (or whatever). XFCE seems to be the lowest
resource user for a desktop that the average user will feel comfortable
with. My wife and sons use xubuntu with no complaint and I have had no
trouble running audio. Yes, I have added some tweaks but honestly, I don't
think anyone even halfway serious about audio should expect to do at least
some tweaking of a system.

- find out which USB port to use
- real time and memory locking permissions
- swappiness
- no boost
- performance mode
- no hyperthread