[LAU] systemd woes with jackd and its permissions (raspbian)

David Runge dave at sleepmap.de
Thu Jan 31 14:06:16 CET 2019

On 2019-01-31 12:57:19 (+0100), Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Somebody reported an opinion based upon personal experiences and tried
> to provide a pointer that might be helpful. It's annoying to read that
> "not on that mailing list" and smartypants rants from you again and
> again on several mailing lists, since you became an Arch TU and admin
> of Arch proaudio. How do your rants helps either? Apart from this, is
> there any Linux audio related mailing list, where this anti-systemd
> user would have freedom of speech, without receiving such an email
> from you?
Ralf, I suggest even you stay on topic, instead of (again) reverting to
personal attacks (I have warned you about this before).
There is no need for you to start a meta-rant about your personal issues
with other people, that are solely based on your misbehavior and
inferiority complex. For the sake of all of us: Get your act together.

Regarding your attempt of making this about some sort of free speech
issue: "anti-systemd", "anti-devuan", "anti-whatever" are all a symptom
of treating a piece of software (or a distribution) like a religion.
Noone wants to know what you pray to. Noone likes to be "converted".
If you see clear advantages in something, point it out. There's nothing
more needed. It's actually quite appalling to make it about "the other
thing sucks, mine is so much better".

This is not what this mailing list is about. It's about helping users of
free audio software with their setup, work flow, etc. and not about your
or anyone's personal issues. Please, stop using it as your dumping
ground.

--
https://sleepmap.de