[LAU] Using Linux as an active crossover - and more!

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Apr 21 05:20:50 CEST 2020

Another option: get a small mixer that has XLR, connect your XLR devices
to that mixer, then run output from the mixer to your existing audio
interface. That's how I handle XLR and electric guitar inputs with my
little Behringer UCA-202. ;)

On 4/20/20 10:58 AM, Anders Hellquist wrote:
> Hi !
>
> Since you don't need XLR for this (Line level balanced inputs/outputs
> will do) You could go for any good interface with enough in/out
>
> i have a few Motu Ultralite AVB interfaces that has 6 balanced line
> ins and 6 balanced line outs + balanced main and two High Z Guitar
> inputs + 2 xlr mic preamps.
> Balanced TRS to XLR short adapters would work for you but I can not
> recommend Motu Ultralite AVB for linux since the new model is not
> compatible with older more linux friendly firmware..
>
> You could hower do the same with any decent stable linux friendly
> interface.
> AVLinux has a great 3rd party maintained PDF with supported interfaces
> that would work on any linux.
>
> http://bandshed.net/pdf/LinuxFullySupportedDevice9t2.pdf
>
> Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 maybe ?
> Behringer if you dare..I would
>
> Den mån 20 apr. 2020 kl 22:32 skrev Michael Jarosch
> <riotsound at riotmusic.de <mailto:riotsound at riotmusic.de>>:
>
>     Hi!
>
>     Using linux + ladspa should make it easy building signal
>     processors like
>     the DBX DriveRack or similar devices…
>
>     Unfortunately, I don't know professional grade audio devices
>     offering 2
>     balanced (XLR) input and >4 (preferable 6) balanced (XLR) output
>     ports.
>
>     Does anyone know?
>
>     Greets!
>     Mitsch

David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community
http://dancingtreefrog.com
"My password is the last 8 digits of π."