[LAU] [Music] Garden realities (3d soundscape)

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Aug 27 06:24:57 CEST 2020

On 8/25/20 11:38 PM, Jeanette C. wrote:
> Garden Realities is a 3D binaural soundscape or sonic world, based
> entirely on field recordings of summer birds, with rather subtle
> processing.
> https://youtu.be/FfMo_2ZO7_8
>
> To get the full effect of this piece, you best listen to it on
> headphones and try to sit rather still.
>
> The piece was entirely realised in Csound, using the HRTF
> opcodes/modules for spatial placement and movement.
>
> Some field recordings, the chicken in particular, were contributed by
> my favourite Motzhuhn. :)
>
> I hope you get taken in (and maybe away).
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Jeanette

The 3D stuff is impressive - makes me want to hear an Ambisonic version
in a good ambi setup.

Maybe just my ears, but many of the sounds sounded unnaturally shrill.
Particularly when they move rapidly. Artifact from processing or something?

Now someone needs to match it up with a moving video!

--
David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community
http://dancingtreefrog.com
"My password is the last 8 digits of π."