[LAU] [music] The frozen alone (acoustic song/ballad)

Brandon Hale bthaleproductions at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 01:31:36 CEST 2021

> Since Linux is such an integral part of my workflow, I gravitate towards
> things that I can do.
Are there many things that you feel like you can't do so easily on
Linux? I think I tend to use the sounds that come with Linux as part of
my sound, if that makes sense. I wonder if others on here do that too. I
tend to also "cheat" and get some of my favorite plugins in with linvst,
like the Korg Wavestation (gotta have it! :) ) and the ProteusVX. As far
as orchestral sounds, the one I use is the free Sonatina orchestra. It's
not perfect, but with some Dragonfly reverb, it can sound pretty good
and full.

I think synths are usually better than fake orchestras anyways, though,
since the quality of sound tend to be more full.

> In Csound it's different. OK, no GUI, but many Csounders work without
> one. Well, they certainly used to. :) There it's a question of style,
> genre, skill and school of thought or approach. I'm sure, with your CLM
> experience, you can easily sympathise. :)

The csound stuff is so cool, I want to learn it badly, just for the
instruments and unit generators and effects that come with it.

Thanks for explaining your process. It seems very structured! :)

Brandon Hale