[LAU] Multichannel playback (was: Four channels playback?)

MichaƂ Seta mlists at djiamnot.xyz
Thu Apr 29 21:16:00 CEST 2021

Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina at gmail.com> writes:

> I bought the Behringer UMC404HD and plugged three loudspeakers into the
> `Playback Outputs' set on the back of it.  Then I did:
>
>  $ ecasound -a:1,2,3 -i:sndfile,3canali.wav -o alsaplugin,2,0

ecasound works in stereo by default and will not monitor your
multitrack unless instructed explicitely. I may be wrong but I remember
having run into a similar situation. Try with something like this:

ecasound -i:sndfile,3canali.wav -f:,3, -o alsaplugin,2,0

or using jack to be able to visualise with your favorite jack UI

ecasound -i 3canali.wav -f:,3, -o jack,system

The ecasound manual says:
"If no '-f' option is specified, or some of the argument fields are left empty (e.g. '-f:,2,44100'), ecasound will use default values. These default values are defined in ecasoundrc configuration file. See ecasoundrc(5) manual page. "