[LAU] Piano prelude on a real grand

Jostein Chr. Andersen jostein at vivaldi.net
Mon Jun 21 10:25:37 CEST 2021

On Sunday 20 June 2021 16:12:37 (+02:00), Jeanette C. wrote:

 > Hey hey,
 > as I recently had the chance to play a Boesendorfer grandpiano at a
friends place - and even record it -, I decided that this was too good an
opportunity to miss for some Bach:
 > https://youtu.be/LgXBgdL7-L4
 > BWV881A Prelude in F minor, Well-tempered Clavier, book II.
 >
 > Played on a 1973 Boesendorfer 170, recorded with a pair of Audio Line
Design microphones in AB to a non-Linux machine, no processing of any kind.
I imported the recording into Nama, did some comping and processing, since
- the piano being a surprise - I had no time to practise. :)

 > Enjoy and best wishes,
 >
 > Jeanette

Well done Jeanette!
I like that you also write which mics and how you used them. The Audio Line
Design mics are among my favorites and i have 5 of them (three CM3s an two
OM1s). The combination of the mics and the Boesendorfer makes the piano
sound stand out in a mix as well, if it's other instruments involved.

Jostein