[LAU] OT: Advice on Linux-compatible printers

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Wed Jun 23 16:43:13 CEST 2021

On 6/23/21 3:57 PM, Joe Hartley wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Jun 2021 21:39:48 -1000
> david <gnome at hawaii.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> Good evening!
>>
>> I have a Brother HL-L2300D. It claims to be able to do 600 or 1200dpi,
>> but all attempts at printing to it using those resolutions fail
>
> I've had excellent results with Brother devices on Linux.

Same here. I have a DCP-L2530DW. Printing worked OOTB on debian via
network. They provide Linux drivers for the scanner [1] (deb and rpm)
and scanning works wireless with xsane.

The print dialog offers 1200dpi, but I honestly cannot tell. I print
predominantly text and the duplex option is what appeals to me most.

There's a web-interface for maintenance and setup, and best of all they
offer an app to scan, which keeps my wife happy and saves me from doing
extra family tech support :)

--
robin

[1]