[LAU] [music] change ()re-recording my 17-year-old self)

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Sun Mar 7 21:33:51 CET 2021

Hey hey,
I did write and record change when I was about 17 or 18 and wanted to
re-record it for a while now:
https://youtu.be/PdfHxBbaYJk
And for OGG download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mq907ur41i5cwj5/change.ogg

The lyrics had to be rewritten entirely, though kept in the same style,
register and intention of the original. The main sound was a Roland JV_1080
patch called Raggatronic. I still have that patch, but in this recording I
used a copy I made on another virtual analogue synth.

Another change is the Yoshimi choir, which I certainly didn't have. It used to
be another Roland sound from an expansion board, which I don't have. I first
though of mixing other choir sounds on that module, but then layered the
Yoshimi choir with another hardware instrument. It's a beautiful synth choir,
with or without the other hardware layer! Thanks Will!

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

Ain't no way I'll be lonely <3