[LAU] Mixers and Free Software (was Open Sound Control: Is it still a thing?)

David W. Jones gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sun May 2 00:35:14 CEST 2021

Sorry, you're right. I was looking at a different image. It showed the XR18 with a separate hardware mixing board.

My take on digital vs analog mixers is the digital digitizes incoming audio, processes it digitally, and outputs digital (via USB) and analog (via audio cables) audio. This is based solely on my thoughts, no evidence. I've never worked with a digital mixer.

---
David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community
http://dancingtreefrog.com

Sent from my Android device with F/LOSS K-9 Mail.