[LAU] Audio Drop-outs and JACK Errors - Seeking Assistance

John Murphy rosegardener at freeode.co.uk
Tue May 11 16:10:46 CEST 2021

On Tue, 11 May 2021 13:26:17 +0000 David Klann wrote:

> Hi Linux Audio Enthusiasts!

Hi David,

[...]

> I start jackd (as Linux user 'root') with the command:
>
> /usr/bin/jackd --realtime --name default -d dummy -r 48000

My hunch is that this could be the problem. I seem to remember
it being said here that it should not be started by user 'root'.

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will correct me if I'm wrong,
but maybe try starting it as an unprivileged user. or explain why
you start it as root?

--
HTH, John.