[LAU] New Software: Tembro, All-in-one instrument (Sampler or Rompler)

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sun Apr 17 22:01:46 CEST 2022

On Sat, Apr 16, 2022 at 03:20:41PM +0000, Laborejo Software Suite wrote:

> >Any way to tell it once and for all to NOT autoconnect to system:* ?
> >FA
>
> 1) If you start Tembro via NSM there will be no connections made, at all.

I don't use NSM or anything similar.

> 2) If you start it standalone it will connect the auditioner port, which is
> very much intended, and the summing stereo channels. I consider both of these
> non-proaudio preview options, where you want quick results.

Here, and in every studio which has k-system calibrated monitoring, system
outputs go to the monitoring speakers which are adjusted to produce 83 dB
SPL for -20 dB full scale output. That is 103 dB SPL peak. Volume is
controlled in software either by something like zita-mu1 or by a mixer
app or a DAW.

Contrary to what you may think, setting up a system like this is quite
common in 'proaudio'. Wich means it is absolutely insane to autoconnect
any application that does not even have a volume control to such an output.

> 3) That said, to make this behaviour optional, saved in ~/.config and
> with a command line switch, is already on my todo list. Next release.

NOT connecting should be the default.

--
FA