[Jackaudio] JackPilot revival on macOS 64 bits systems

Filipe Coelho falktx at falktx.com
Wed Jan 6 19:05:13 CET 2021

On 06/01/21 17:12, BAVU Eric wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> As you know, JackPilot cannot be launched anymore on modern macOS
> systems, and Stéphane Letz told us he won’t work on it anymore.
>
> I missed it so much (I never liked very much qjackcontrol on macOS)
> and feared that this would be a sign that Jack would be abondonned
> some day on mac, so I decided to rewrite it from scratch in Swift
> language.

Hi.

That was unexpected, thanks a lot!

I have a mac-mini M1 with me, I can test later to see how your version
works.
btw, is it possible to build it without xcode?

One thing worth noting is that on mac arm64 systems, if you start a
process from within a x64 application, the child process will be x64 too.
So if using qjackctl, jackpilot or something else that is built only for
intel, it will start the x64 rosetta2 emulated version of jackd.