Hello one third and last time this year,
Qtractor 0.9.30 (end-of-year'22) is released!
- Plugin latency/delay compensation now in effect immediately after
changing track option (cf. Track/Properties... /Plugins/Latency
- Shade-off regions not-in-view from the thumb-views.
- Improved MIDI queue time drift correction resilience and stability
against in-flight tempo changes.
- The main real-time process cycle now runs on uniform block-sizes, in
strides of 64 frames per period, meaning a higher resolution automation,
independent of buffer-size.
- The internal main MIDI engine gets its ALSA sequencer queue to a
higher resolution (PPQN aka ticks-per-beat) and not subordinated to the
current session's anymore.
- Although being deprecated to use, JACK Session support is hopefuly
fixed, once again.
- Better discriminate CLAP Plug-in specific note events and strict MIDI
dialect event processing.
Qtractor  is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application
written in C++ with the Qt framework . Target platform is Linux,
where the Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK ) for audio and the
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA ) for MIDI are the main
infrastructures to evolve as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio
workstation GUI, specially dedicated to the personal home-studio.
- source tarball:
- source package (openSUSE Tubleweed):
- binary package (openSUSE Tubleweed):
- AppImage  package:
- Flatpak  package (thanks Hubert Figuière):
Wiki (outdated; help wanted!):
- static rendering:
- user manual & how-to's:
Qtractor  is free, open-source Linux Audio  software,
distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL )
version 2 or later.
 Qtractor - An audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer
 Qt framework, C++ class library and tools for
cross-platform application and UI development
 JACK Audio Connection Kit
 ALSA, Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
 Linux Audio consortium of libre software for audio-related work
 GPL - GNU General Public License
 AppImage, Linux apps that run anywhere
 Flatpak, next-generation technology for building and distributing
desktop applications on Linux
 CLAP, CLever Audio Plugin
Keep the fun && Happy New Year!
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela