Calling all ChucK’ers, SuperColliders, Max and PureData patchers,
CSounders, Fluxites, Overtoners, and all other tongues of creative
coders. We welcome you to attend the fifth edition of the Creative Music
Coding lab at STEIM.
The CMC lab is an autonomous zone to try out sonic experiments as a
group. And an opportunity to leverage the expertise of the group in
realizing new artistic tools and processes through the medium of code.
Many of the founding members of the group are indeed experts in their
favorite languages, but we come from all technical levels of proficiency
and enjoy helping one-another out.
DATE: Tuesday, 24 June 2014
LOCATION: STEIM Concert Space, Utrechtsedwarsstraat 134 Amsterdam
What ARE the goals for the lab?
* a place for creative music coders to show work in progress, regardless
of programming language or platform
* a place to discuss and question techniques with fellow computer musicians
* an informal stage for playing with others, livecoding sessions,
jamming, and other fun experiments
* an opportunity to meet like-minded artists, share talents, and start
* an opportunity to be exposed to new languages and improve
* a way to discover lesser known and emerging creative programming paradigms
* a place to to discuss interconnections between programming environments
* an environment for discussions on cultural contexts surrounding coding
in the arts
We encourage members of the group to use this as a platform for
exploring ways in which we might be able to create and play together.
Proposals for creative group investigations of hardware, software, and
coding as process are welcome.
As always, entry is free, tea and coffee will be provided.