Hi all! I'm writing again about this issue, and am attaching a link to a sample MP3 file from setBfree. There is a problem with the sound. The Rotary speaker sounds as if both rotors were small fan-type baffles in front of the speakers. There's almost no drum rotor at all, just stationary tone, and the horn rotor sounds a bit small with mostly straight sound.
The demo file begins with rotors off, then goes to slow, then fast, etc. There is a slight glitch in the recording, and the pitch of the recording itself is wrong for another reason, neither of which is setBfree's fault.
I've tried the default settings, the default.cfg file that came with the package with the options set to read it, uncommented the whirl parameters as they were, and modifying some of them, but can't get much satisfaction. I didn't specify the zitaconvolver option in the make process, but the libzitaconvolver is there. I didn't supply any IR files yet, as I didn't think the convolver was in play, although the status at the top of the setBfree screen did mention IR I believe. Would the problem have anything to do with my system being 64-bit? Or did I make some other mistake in the install process? It definitely doesn't sound like the supplied demo. If more info is needed, please let me know. I'm not extremely experienced in making and installing, but I do try to follow instructions. Thanks for your help.
I recently bought this midi controller:
It seems to be this Chinese thing:
I was hoping midi is standardized enough that it just works in Linux, it
But I'd rather keep it, 'cause i don't find anything comparable suiting
my needs for this price.
Now here's the problem:
It basically gets recognized all the way down to alsa
client 24: 'USB Device 0x218:0x303' [type=kernel]
0 'USB Device 0x218:0x303 MIDI 1'
but it keeps disconnecting/reconnecting. The syslog keeps cycling like
this (about twice a second):
Jul 2 03:22:03 pc kernel: [13863.876029] usb 6-1: new full-speed USB
device number 102 using uhci_hcd
Jul 2 03:22:03 pc pulseaudio: [pulseaudio] module-alsa-card.c:
Failed to find a working profile.
Jul 2 03:22:03 pc pulseaudio: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to
load module "module-alsa-card" (argument: "device_id="2"
namereg_fail=false tsched=yes ignore_dB=no deferred_volume=yes
card_properties="module-udev-detect.discovered=1""): initialization failed.
Jul 2 03:22:03 pc kernel: [13864.288055] usb 6-1: USB disconnect,
device number 102
(I just recognized) That it sometimes even disconnects, before it is
handled by udev
Jul 2 03:26:21 pc kernel: [14122.272020] usb 6-1: new full-speed USB
device number 98 using uhci_hcd
Jul 2 03:26:21 pc kernel: [14122.442212] usb 6-1: USB disconnect,
device number 98
so this is some problem with the drivers/firmware??
Any suggestions are highly appreciated :)
Thanks in advance,
My OS is a Linux pc 3.2.0-45-generic-pae #70-Ubuntu SMP Wed May 29
20:31:05 UTC 2013 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
And yes, it's working in windoze.
Problems with a different device from the same vendor were discussed
here (but seems rather unrelated):
The incredible happens.
The electronics of the 'Lampadario' at the Casa del Suono in
Parma consists of a rack with an RME ADI468 converting MADI
to 8 ADAT outputs, 8 Behringer ADA8000 converters, and 8 QSC
amplifiers of 8 channels each. The rack was wired (very neatly)
by a firm specialising in this sort of work.
When I installed the software four years ago, I found out
that 25 of the 64 channels had their phase inverted. For one
of those it was an error in the speaker wiring, which was easy
to correct. The other 24 corresponded exactly to 3 groups of 8,
and the speaker wiring was OK. I assumed that the cables between
the ADA8000 and the amps were to blame - this is a non-standard
cable which had to be hand-made by the whoever did the wiring.
If two technicians had worked on that, they could have had
different ideas of what were the correct connections.
Since I didn't want to take the rack apart, resolder 24 wires
and put it all back, and since there was only one SW app driving
the installation at that time, those 24 inversions were corrected
for by that software. So far so good.
Recently I re-measured the IRs of the whole thing. There
were again 24 channels out of phase. But not the same ones.
One of the groups of 8 had turned in-phase, and another
one was now inverted.
The only thing that has happened to the installation over
the last years is that some of the Behringers failed (power
supply blown up, one per year on average) and were replaced.
So I checked those separately. And yes, some of them had their
output phase inverted w.r.t. the others. Apparently the thing
exists in two versions, but apart from measuring there's no
way to tell which is which. So I'll have to recheck things
each time any of them are replaced again. Thank $GOD we didn't
use those for the WFS system.
The incredible happens.
A world of exhaustive, reliable metadata would be an utopia.
It's also a pipe-dream, founded on self-delusion, nerd hubris
and hysterically inflated market opportunities. (Cory Doctorow)