Can't wait to see it updated in KXS repos :) Long live Qtractor!!
On 03/21/2016 05:14 PM, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
Qtractor 0.7.5 (hazy photon) is out!
It comes with one top recommendation though: please update, at once,
while it's hot! :)
Highlights for this dot/beta release:
* Overlapping clips cross-fade (NEW)
* MIDI Send/Return and Aux-Send insert plugins (NEW)
* Generic and custom track icons eye-candy (NEW)
Some other interesting points may be found in the blunt and misty
And just in case you missed it before,
Qtractor  is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application
written in C++ with the Qt framework . Target platform is Linux,
where the Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK ) for audio and the
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA ) for MIDI are the main
infrastructures to evolve as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio
workstation GUI, specially dedicated to the personal home-studio.
Change-log (since last tacky release):
- Beat unit divisor, aka. the denominator or lower numeral in the
time-signature, have now a visible and practical effect over the
time-line, even though the standard MIDI tempo(BPM) is always denoted
in beats as quarter-notes (1/4, crotchet, seminima) per minute.
- Fixed an old hack on LV2 State Files abstract/relative file-path
mapping when saving custom LV2 Presets (after a related issue on
Fabla2, by Harry Van Haaren, thanks).
- Default PC-Keyboard shortcuts may now be erasable and re-assigned
- New option on the audio/MIDI export dialog, on whether to add/import
the exported result as brand new track(s).
- Introducing brand new track icons property.
- Old Dry/Wet Insert and Aux-send pseudo-plugin parameters are now
split into separate Dry and Wet controls, what else could it possibly
- Brand new MIDI Insert and Aux-Send pseudo-plugins are now
implemented with very similar semantics as the respective and existing
- Implement LV2_STATE__loadDefaultState feature (after pull request by
Hanspeter Portner aka. ventosus, thanks).
- Plug-ins search paths internal logic has been refactored; an
alternative file-name based search is now in effect for LADSPA, DSSI
and VST plug-ins, whenever not found on their original file-path
locations saved in a previous session.
- Finally added this brand new menu Clip/Cross Fade command, aimed on
setting fade-in/out ranges properly, just as far to (auto)cross-fade
consecutive overlapping clips.
- source tarball:
- source package (openSUSE Tumbleweed):
- binary packages (openSUSE Tumbleweed):
Wiki (on going, help wanted!):
Weblog (on going, upstream support):
Qtractor  is free, open-source Linux Audio  software,
distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL
) version 2 or later.
 Qtractor - An audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer
 Qt framework, C++ class library and tools for
cross-platform application and UI development
 JACK Audio Connection Kit
 ALSA, Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
 Linux Audio consortium of libre software for audio-related work
 GPL - GNU General Public License
Enjoy && Keep the fun, always.
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela
Linux-audio-user mailing list