The first unified LV2 release, LV2 1.0.0, is out.
This release merges the previous lv2core package with all the official
extension packages, as well as example plugins, lv2specgen, and
additional data. From a developer point of view, the biggest change is
that all LV2 API headers can be used by simply checking for the single
pkg-config package "lv2" (for compatibility the previous "lv2core"
package is still installed). Implementations are encouraged to abandon
the "copy paste headers" practice and depend on this package instead.
With this release, several new extensions have become stable that
together greatly increase the power of LV2: atom, log, parameters,
patch, port-groups, port-props, resize-port, state, time, worker.
Documentation and more detailed change logs: http://lv2plug.in/ns/
More information about LV2: http://lv2plug.in/
QMidiArp 0.5.2 has just seen the light of the day. It brings mainly
two improvements. One is a comeback, that of tempo changes on the fly,
and that now includes also tempo changes of a potential Jack Transport
master. Also the Jack Transport starting position is finally taken into
account, so that QMidiArp should be in sync also when starting the
transport master not at zero.
The second one is Non Session Manager support, mainly thanks to the work done by Roy Vegard Ovesen!
Note that for compiling in NSM support you will now need liblo as dependency.
Enjoy, and enjoy LAC in Graz this year
QMidiArp is an advanced MIDI arpeggiator, programmable step sequencer and LFO.
Everything is on
o Tempo changes are again possible while running, both manually or by
a Jack Transport Master
o Jack Transport position is now taken into account when starting,
QMidiArp used to start always at zero
o Muting and sequencer parameter changes can be deferred to pattern
end using a new toolbutton
o Modules in the Global Storage window have mute/defer buttons
o Global Storage location switches can be set to affect only the pattern
o Non Session Manager support with "switch" capability (thanks to
Roy Vegard Ovesen)
o NSM support requires liblo development headers (liblo-dev package)
Jalv 1.4.2 is out. Jalv is a simple but fully featured LV2 host for
Jack. It runs LV2 plugins and exposes their ports as Jack ports,
essentially making any LV2 plugin function as a Jack application.
More about Jalv: http://drobilla.net/software/jalv
This version fixes some bugs, and supports plugin specified buffer sizes
for advanced plugin:UI communication.
* Fix crash when running "jalv" with bad command line arguments
* Fix potential crash with UIs and debug printing
* Fix parameter changes with Qt UI
* Nicer printing of atom messages with -d
* Add command-line option to control UI update frequency
* Support rsz:minimumSize for atom and event ports
* Fix default setting for non-sequential enumeration ports
(patch from Robin Gareus)
* Work around Gtk bug for labels on sliders (patch from Robin Gareus)
* Upgrade to waf 1.7.11
Suil 0.6.14 is out. Suil is a lightweight C library for loading and
wrapping LV2 plugin UIs. Suil transparently presents UIs written in
any toolkit as the desired widget type of host programs, so hosts do
not have to depend on foreign toolkits.
More about Suil: http://drobilla.net/software/suil
This release fixes several bugs, and implements support for the new LV2
UI idle interface. This means UIs in e.g. X11, FLTK, OpenGL, etc. can
drive their idle loop in a Gtk or Qt host without having to deal with
threading issues. This functionality requires LV2 1.6.0, upgrading is
The API/ABI is identical to the previous release (though more features
* Print system error message if module fails to load
* Lower dependency from Gtk 2.24 introduced in 0.6.12
* Add support for new LV2 idle interface
* Support resizing for X11 in Gtk (patch from Robin Gareus)
* Upgrade to waf 1.7.11
LV2 1.6.0 is out. This release adds new API (ui:idleInterface), but is
backwards compatible with previous releases.
* Fix port indices of metronome example.
* Fix lv2specgen usage from command line.
* atom: Fix crash in forge.h when pushing atoms to a full buffer.
* ui: Add idle interface so native UIs and foreign toolkits can drive
their event loops.
* ui: Add ui:updateRate property.
* Upgrade to waf 1.7.11.