On the other news:
Maybe not as compelling as any of those bad old Qstuff*;) but jack_link
 has made it to version 0.0.9... Yeah, some weeks ago already, must I
tell ya ;)
jack_link  is a JACK  time-base--and now also a
transport--kinda-proof-of-concept bridge to Ableton Link , which
already goes into its V3 incarnation.
In a (long, rather boring) sentence, this means that jack_link is now a
bilateral bridge--read two-way--to JACK time-base master to Ableton Link
 local-cloud;) and vice-versa.
The usual 'caveat emptor' rule applies. It may work well--if at all--on
some JACK  clients and incredibly FUBAR for others (!). To speak the
truth, it has been only tested with--and you know what--yours truly
Qtractor. And that's what makes me happy :)
Hope it makes you too!
 jack_link - JACK transport timebase bridge to Ableton Link
 JACK Audio Connection Kit
 Ableton Link: Connect music making apps with Ableton Live
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela
jalv.select is a little gtkmm GUI to select lv2 <http://lv2plug.in/>
plugs from a list and run them with jalv
* select jalv interpreter from combo box,
* select LV2 plugin from list,
* select preset to load from menu
* search plugins by regex or plugin class,
* reload lilv world to catch new installed plugins or presets,
* load plugin with selected preset.
* minimize app to systray (global Hotkey SHIFT+ESCAPE)
* wake up app from systray (global Hotkey SHIFT+ESCAPE)
* left mouse click on systray to show or hide app
* right mouse click to show quit menu item
changelog in this release:
* add support for a user made blacklist.
get it here: