Virtual MIDI Piano Keyboard is a MIDI events generator and receiver. It
doesn't produce any sound by itself, but can be used to drive a MIDI
synthesizer (either hardware or software, internal or external). You can
use the computer's keyboard to play MIDI notes, and also the mouse. You can
use the Virtual MIDI Piano Keyboard to display the played MIDI notes from
another instrument or MIDI file player.
Changes for v0.8.1
* fixes provided by Drumstick 2.1.0 libs
* Implementation of ticket #65 Highlight Color Chromatic scale
* Implementation of ticket #66 Load and save configuration files
* Fix for ticket #68: Keyboard maps not loaded at startup
* Sticky Window Snapping (for Windows OS only)
* Splash time restricted to main window show
* avoid initialization messages when loading translations and the language
is the default (en)
* Updated man page
* Spanish translation updated.
* Russian translation update. Thanks to Sergey Basalaev
* Czech translation update. Thanks to Pavel Fric
* Qt 5.12.10 libraries included on binary packages
Compilation minimum requirements for all platforms:
* CMake 3.9
* Qt 5.7
* Drumstick 2.1
Please use the mailing list <vmpk-devel(a)lists.sourceforge.net> for
questions and comments. Thanks.
Copyright (C) 2008-2021, Pedro López-Cabanillas and others
License: GPL v3
Drumstick is a set of MIDI libraries using C++/Qt5 idioms and style.
Includes a C++ wrapper around the ALSA library sequencer interface: ALSA
sequencer provides software support for MIDI technology on Linux. A
complementary library provides classes for processing SMF (Standard MIDI
files: .MID/.KAR), and Cakewalk (.WRK) file formats. A multiplatform
realtime MIDI I/O library and a GUI Widgets libraries are also provided
for Linux, Windows, and Mac OSX.
Changes for v2.1.0
* Implemented ticket #25: chromatic scale highlight palette
* Implemented ticket #26: customizable texture for black and white keys
* fix for ticket #23: library headers
* fix for ticket #27: error parsing wrk files
* Implemented palette serialization methods. Fixed lost attributes when
piano scene is rebuilt.
* drumstick-guiplayer: fixed stop playback, removed Overture mimetype from
* Widgets and utils: Spanish translation updated.
* Widgets: Russian translation update. Thanks to Sergey Basalaev
* Widgets: Czech translation update. Thanks to Pavel Fric
Compilation minimum requirements for all platforms: CMake 3.9 and Qt 5.7
Copyright (C) 2009-2021, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
License: GPL v3 or later
Project web site
Fully and independently resizeable (and remembered) windows.
Midi sync for engine LFOs.
More Instrument types available - and a request to set them!
Revised default instrument banks
Improved handling of instrument names.
Aftertouch values now saved
Pan Law setting now saved.
MIDI-learn entries increased to 400 lines.
Maximum delay time in CLI scripts increased to 30 seconds.
Improved CLI descriptions and reporting.
Documentation updated (New User guide in progress).
Data storage XDG compatible.
Improved LV2 performance.
Further details in doc/Yoshimi_2.0_features.txt
Yoshimi source code is available from either:
Full build instructions are in 'INSTALL'.
Our list archive is at:
To post, email to:
Will J Godfrey
Say you have a poem and I have a tune.
Exchange them and we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.