Since our October 5 release of Mixxx 1.8.0, the Mixxx Development Team have
been hard at work on our next major release, Mixxx 1.9.0. Today, we are
proud to announce Mixxx 1.9.0 beta1 and Mixxx 1.8.2.
Among the new features in 1.9.0 Beta1 are:
- *Shoutcast / Icecast support*
- Mixxx can now broadcast over the internet (heavily requested
- *External Mixer Support*
- The new Sound Hardware preferences pane allows you to route each
playback deck separately, which allows you to use Mixxx with an external
- *ReplayGain normalization*
- A user from our forum worked closely with our developers to fully
implement volume normalization, including performing the
for tracks which are not tagged.
- *Waveform Gain*
- The scrolling waveforms now scale according to the channel gain for
better visual feedback.
- *Key lock buttons*
- Formerly known as "pitch-independent time stretch", there are now
easily accessible key-lock buttons for each for deck.
- *Revamped default skin*
- Since the original source material for the Outline Netbook skin was
lost eons ago, our artist completely redid it from scratch and tweaked it
for better visibility. The new skin has also added EQ kill switches.
- *HSS1394 support* (Windows, OS X)
- Mixxx now supports firewire HSS1394 MIDI devices such as the Stanton
SCS 1 series.
- *Improved FLAC support*
- We're now using libFLAC directly for smoother FLAC decoding.
- *Revamped metadata parsing*
- Integration of
Mixxx to parse more metadata from songs, and do it more consistently.
- *Metadata writing*
- Mixxx can now write changes in song metadata back to disk. This
feature is off by default, and can be enabled in the Library preferences
- *Millisecond time display*
- The time counters in Mixxx now have an extra millisecond display.
- *Library improvements:*
- *Played column - *The library now indicates whether a song has been
played in the current session already, and also counts the total
times the song has been played.
- *Ratings column - 5* stars, no stars, or anywhere in
- *Better search *- Search now searches in more columns, and by-term
instead of by-phrase.
- *Revamped iTunes integration* - A rewrite yielded a significant
speedup of iTunes parsing.
- *Faster library scanning - *The library scanner should perform much
better on large libraries.
- *New MIDI mappings:*
- Vestax Typhoon
- Hercules DJ Console Mk4
- Numark MIXTRACK
- Pioneer CDJ-350
- *Updated MIDI mappings:*
- Hercules DJ Control MP3
- Hercules DJ Control e2
- Hercules DJ Control Steel
- Vestax VCI-100
- Reloop Digital Jockey 2
- *Tons of bug fixes and performance improvements!*
Mixxx 1.8.2 is a maintenance release and has many of the same bug fixes,
MIDI mappings, and performance improvements that 1.9.0 Beta1 does.
You can read more details about this release on our
can download Mixxx 1.9.0b1 and Mixxx 1.8.2 from out website: