And finally, for the wrap of the pre-LAC2015@JGU-Mainz  release
party, no other than the 'crown jewel' of the whole Qstuff* bunch ;)
Qtractor 0.6.6 (lazy tachyon beta) is out!
* LV2 and VST plugins GUI position persistence (NEW)
* MIDI clip editor record/overdub note rendering (FIX)
* VST plugin recursive discovery/search path (NEW)
* VST-shell sub-plugins support (FIX)
* also some old and new lurking bugs squashed.
Qtractor  is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application written
in C++ with the Qt4 framework. Target platform is Linux, where the Jack
Audio Connection Kit (JACK ) for audio and the Advanced Linux Sound
Architecture (ALSA ) for MIDI are the main infrastructures to evolve
as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio workstation GUI, specially
dedicated to the personal home-studio.
- source tarball:
- source package (openSUSE 13.2):
- binary packages (openSUSE 13.2):
- quick start guide & user manual (see also: the wiki):
- wiki (help really wanted!):
Weblog (upstream support):
Qtractor is free, open-source software, distributed under the terms
of the GNU General Public License (GPL ) version 2 or later.
- MIDI clip record/reopen to/from SMF format 0 has been fixed.
- LV2 and VST plugins GUI editor widget position is preserved across
- Added application description as freedesktop.org's AppData .
- Added a "Don't ask this again" prompt option to zip/archive extrated
directory removal/replace warning messages.
- MIDI clip editor (aka. piano-roll) gets lingering notes properly shown
while on record/overdubbing.
- Current highlighted client/port connections are now drawn with thicker
- Fixing segfaults due to QClipboard::mimeData() returning an invalid
null pointer while on Qt5 and Weston.
- Return of an old hack/fix for some native VST plugins with GUI editor,
on whether to skip the explicit shared library unloading on close and
thus avoid some mysterious crashes on session and/or application exit.
- Force reset of plugin selection list when any of the plugin search
paths change (in View/Options.../Plugins/Paths).
- Recursive VST plugin search is now in effect for inventory and
discovery on path sub-directories (VST only).
- Non-dummy scannig for regular VST, non-shell plugins, were doomed to
infinite-loop freezes on discovery, now fixed.
 LAC2015@JGU-Mainz - Linux Audio Conference 2015
The Open Source Music and Sound Conference
April 9-12 @ Johannes Gutenberg University (JGU) Mainz, Germany
 Qtractor - An audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer
 JACK Audio Connection Kit
 ALSA, Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
 GPL - GNU General Public License
 AppData Specification
Enjoy && keep the fun.
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela