KMid is a MIDI/Karaoke player for KDE4 that runs in Linux, Windows and MacOSX.
KMid plays MIDI and karaoke files to hardware MIDI devices or software
synthesizers. It supports playlists, MIDI mappers, tempo (speed), volume and
pitch (transpose) controls and configurable character encoding, font and
color for lyrics. The graphic views include a rhythm view (visual metronome),
a channels window with solo/muting controls and instrument selectors, and a
piano player window (Pianola).
Changes for this release:
* New kmid_part. It is a KPart implementing KMediaPlayer interfaces. This
component can be integrated easily in any KDE program as a simple
ReadOnlyPart; for instance Konqueror can play MIDI files with it.
* New DBus interfaces org.kde.KMid and org.kde.KMidPart
* libkmidbackend has some new methods, soversion bumped to 1.0.0
* New and updated translations
* Assigned default shortcuts to keyboard media keys
* Fix in vumeter widget: drawing errors and CPU usage
* Fixes in all backends for initial MIDI program changes
* Fix in ALSA sequencer backend: bug 242912 (requires Drumstick >= 0.4)
Drumstick shared libraries v0.4.1 are recommended.
Copyright (C) 2009-2010, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas and others
KMid is free software distributed under the terms of the GPL v2 license.