I'm glad to announce the release of NASPRO 0.4.0.
) is meant to be a cross-platform
sound processing software architecture built around the LV2 plugin
The goal of the project is to develop a series of tools to make it
easy and convenient to use LV2 for sound processing on any (relevant)
platform and for everybody: end users, host developers, plugin
developers, distributors and scientists/researchers.
This release is a huge one! The main news are the introduction of the
ino and gino libraries and of the FreeADSP application, the addition
of threading and unnamed semaphore APIs to NASPRO core, as well as
some API breakage there w.r.t. UTF-16 string encoding/decoding, some
fixing of preset data generation in NASPRO Bridge it and various
cosmetic changes here and there. You can find detailed ChangeLogs in
- NASPRO core: the portable runtime library at the bottom of the architecture;
- NASPRO Bridge it: a little helper library to develop
insert-your-API-here to LV2 bridges;
- NASPRO bridges: a collection of bridges to LV2 which, once
installed, allow you to use plugins developed for other plugin
standards in LV2 hosts;
- LV2proc: a simple command line effect processor using LV2 plugins;
- gino and gino/WebKitGTK+: minimalist C API to create GUIs using
- FreeADSP: MIDI-controlled real-time stereo effect rack using LV2 plugins.
In particular, the NASPRO bridges collection includes two bridges: a
) 1.1 and a DSSI
) 1.0.0/1.1.0 bridge.
*BEWARE*: most of the new stuff is in early stages of development!
NASPRO core, NASPRO Bridge it and NASPRO bridges are released under
the LGPL 2.1, LV2proc and FreeADSP are released under the GPL 3, ino,